Held within the decadent NoMad Hotel in Chelsea, Kate Spade New York once again used her runway presentation to bring us a look at another side of the modern Kate Spade woman. The muse for this season’s offerings is a sophisticated member of Manhattan’s elite. Having just returned from a journey of self-discovery in the exotic lands of Morocco, she is instilled with a newfound sense of liberation and individualism. Full of vibrant colors and fabrics, we were offered glimpses at the warmth of Marrakech’s bustling street markets and the elegance of a dreamy desert night.
Having just returned from a journey of self-discovery in the exotic lands of Morocco, she is instilled with a newfound sense of liberation and individualism. Full of vibrant colors and fabrics, we were offered glimpses at the warmth of Marrakech’s bustling street markets and the elegance of a dreamy desert night.
The Look Behind The Scenes
MAC Pro Artist Romi Soleimani kept these elements in mind when designing this year’s runway makeup. The stars that spread across the vast Moroccan sky were translated literally in the form of glittery, glossy lids, which were the main focus of the look.
The eyes were softly framed with blush and bronzer, adding a sun-kissed glow to each model’s cheeks. The lip color was softly pressed into the center of the lip, a flushed hint of fuschia against fresh skin.
Choosing a nail color that was versatile enough to belong amongst the array of rich hues used throughout the collection was essential, and nail artist Deborah Lippmann was the perfect fit for the job. Using her eponymous line of nail polishes, Lippmann filed the models’ nails down to a natural, rounded tip and used deep reds and burgundies layered over one another, creating a shade that both compliments the pieces and completely defy expectations for a spring/summer collection.
Get the Look: Makeup
- Press Face + Body Foundation in “Just a Hint” onto the high planes of the face.
- Use the “Feeling Hot Hot Hot” Bronzing Powder to define the cheekbones and frame the face.
- Sweep “Burnt Pepper” Powder Blush across the cheekbones.
- Perfect any blemishes or discoloration where needed with Prep + Prime.
- Highlight and finish by sweeping Blot Powder through the center of the face to mattify.
- Press the Galaxy Lipglass across the eyelid and on the inner corner,
- Using a soft brush and a combination of “Utterly Crisp” and “Steal the Scene” from the MAC SS17 Forecast Lip Palette, press the color into the center of the lip.
Get the Look: Nails
deborah lippmann Nail Polish in “Cherries Jubilee”
deborah lippmann Nail Polish in “Lady is a Tramp”
deborah lippmann Gel Lab Pro Base & Top Coat
deborah lippman The Wait Is Over Quick Dry Drops
- File nails down to a short, rounded shape.
- For the base, apply a coat of Gel Lab Pro Base Coat.
- Begin nail polish application by applying a coat of “Cherries Jubilee”.
- Waiting two minutes to dry between coats, apply a layer of “Lady is a Tramp”.
- After waiting another two minutes, apply one coat of Gel Lab Pro Top Coat to seal the nails and prevent chipping.
- Add The Wait Is Over Quick Dry Drops as a finishing touch to shorten drying time and create a flawless finish.