As much as I love a good gym sesh, sometimes there’s not enough time in the day for it. Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities to sneak exercise as you’re going about your regular day at home. Whether you’re catching up on the latest Carnival Row episode or cooking dinner, there’s always an opportunity for an extra squeeze for your muscles.
Balancing life is all about finding the right opportunities to multitask in between more relaxing moments. Since exercise itself is meant to relieve stress, it’s a bit counterintuitive to stress about skipping the gym due to time constraints. Get the fitness kick you need while giving yourself a mental break with the following moves. The smallest efforts add up to a big difference. Stay consistent, and you’ll find yourself getting stronger even if you’re not in the latest spin class.
– Do lunges as you walk around the house doing chores like laundry.
– Put your laundry in a bin on the floor and do a squat while picking up items one by one to fold them on a table.
– Crunches and leg lifts while watching TV! See if you can squeeze in an entire rotation of toning moves into a 30-minute episode.
– Dance while cooking your favorite meal.
– Do as many tricep dips as you can on the edge of your bathtub before getting into the shower.
– Walk around the house as you answer emails.
– Get a fitness ball to sit on when working at home.
Got a tip? Include it below, and it’ll get added to the list with credit!
Photo by Evieanna Santiago on Unsplash