There are lots of hair products out in the market today, but nothing beats great DIY hair tips to make your hair looks glossy and voluminous. The seven tricks below range from unusual to ingredients you probably heard of because of the hair products you use.
- Having trouble with hair breaking and not growing longer? Make sure not to tie it up in tight buns and ponytails continually! Letting hair go loose, and in very loose braids, ensures minimal damage. So, although you may be taking optimal care of it otherwise, that work bun may be wreaking more havoc than you thought. If you’re looking to grow long hair, check out our 7 tips to make sure it doesn’t keep breaking as it grows!
- To give limp locks extra volume, add a bit of baking soda to your conditioner! The baking soda acts as a mild abrasive that removes excess buildup. Use the mixture near your scalp only and start with a small amount of baking soda to shampoo ratio.
- For all the dark-haired beauties, saturate your hair with black coffee and leave on for 10 minutes. Wash and condition as usual. The caffeine not only stimulates your scalp for hair growth but leaves your tresses looking shiny and frizz-free!
- Want to add sleekness and shine in your hair with some natural help but don’t want to smell like vinegar, eggs, mayo, or feel sticky for hours? Mix in some honey with your conditioner in a 3:1 ration (3 parts conditioner, 1 part honey) and leave as a mask for 20 minutes while you shower and shave. The results are smooth and super shiny tresses!
- Love Barbie’s ponytail? Make your pony bouncy by spraying dry shampoo from the top to midway of the tail, then fluff with your fingers and set with hairspray. A great option is the bestseller Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo.
- Rice water is beneficial for both hair and skin! Next time you boil some rice, drain the water off and store it in a tightly lidded jar. Use as a toner for your skin or as a rinse for hair. On the skin, it tightens pores and reduces redness and acne. As a rinse, it leaves hair full of shine!
- To make your own dry oil mist, fill a spray bottle with filtered water and an oil, like sweet almond, in a 1 cup to 10 drop ratio. Shake well and spritz over hair for shine and luster boost! You can also boost the hair gloss with these tips.
- Crush up an aspirin and mix it up with a dollop of shampoo in your next shower. The salicylic acid in the aspirin tablet helps break down all the product buildup and restores shine instantly! Follow with the usual conditioner. Repeat every 2-3 weeks to help clarify hair and restore shine.