You may know some of these tips already. If you follow all the tips combined, however, you’re a beauty powerhouse! Personally, I’m surprised at how much tea can do! I’ve been known to take a tea bath or two in the past where I throw in a jar of saved up used tea bags and soak in the extra anti-oxidant glory while reading magazines. Unfortunately, it’s a messy clean-up, so to start off, save up a few bags and try the less messy tips below.
Reading Time: 1 minute
1. Moisturize immediately after getting out of the shower. Ideally, skin should still be slightly damp when you slather on the moisturizer. This traps the moisture.
2. Brew a batch of black tea, let it cool completely, put it in a spritz bottle and mist your face with it to control oil and shine. Don't rinse off!
3. Clean your phone every few days to prevent breakouts from bacteria rubbing on your skin.
4. Apply greek yogurt or sour cream weekly to freshly cleansed skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes. The lactic acid gently exfoliates, leaving a smooth complexion.
5. Save your green tea tea-bags. Place them in the fridge and apply them to your eye area once a week. This reduces dark circles, puffines, and the appearance of wrinkles over time.
6. If your skin is prone to redness, drink ice water to constrict the blood vessels from the inside.
10. Dip a clean washcloth or paper towel in soy milk and place it over your face for 10 minutes a week. Soy helps brighten skin as well as prevent wrinkles due to phytoestrogen it contains.
11. Get a facial a week before a big event so any irritation and redness can subdue by the time the big day arrives.
12. Always apply products from the thinnest consistency (serums) to thickest consistency (moisturizer).
13. Never skip on SPF! Slather on before boarding planes too since the UV rays increase in intensity with rising altitude.
14. No eyebrow wax? Keep eyebrows groomed neatly with a toothbrush and whatever hairstyling product you have on hand: a spritz of hairspray, some gel or molding paste.
15. Soak feet in a strong black tea foot bath a few times a week to prevent foot odor.